Our ‘True Purpose’ Sustainability Report 2022 demonstrates a range of activities and initiatives that underscore our commitment to a circular economy for aramid. It presents a roadmap for reducing, avoiding, compensating for, and ultimately negating the environmental impact of our production facilities and our products.
We believe that both sustainable production and high-performance aramids are essential, and net zero by 2050 is our goal: This means zero waste and CO₂ neutrality through circular production processes.
Key highlights from the report
- 100% electricity for our manufacturing, research and office facilities in the Netherlands is derived from wind
- 28% improved carbon footprint for Twaron®, compared to 2014
- 248,000 tons of CO₂ emissions avoided in the value chain
- 50% increased retrieval of aramid waste, compared to 2021
- 6.8% increase in amount of non-virgin material used in pulp production, compared to 2021
Read the report