At Teijin Aramid, we’re determined to make amazing possible with our technology. Thanks to the unique high-performance properties of our aramid materials, a wide range of different products can be made stronger, lighter, and more durable. In this way, we’re making a difference to people’s lives and the environment around us. With our expected annual growth rate we are determined to meet market demand any place, any time.
To make these ambitious plans possible, our process technology team in Delfzijl (NL) is looking for an experienced:
Process Technologist (Chemical Engineer)
As Process Technologist, you are responsible for the implementation of strategic and knowledge-intensive long-term technology issues, and you carry out independent research and study. You have an important role in the improvement of production processes, process safety and product quality.
In this position
• You provide leadership for multidisciplinary project teams and you receive the space and responsibility to organize your projects, from idea to implementation;
• You are a specialist and the point of contact for questions about the production process and applied technologies, and you proactively develop proposals for research programs;
• You work together with creative process technologists in a challenging and dynamic environment where nearly all unit operations common to process technology are present and which covers the entire chemical operations manual – from reaction and distillation to filtration, evaporation and extraction – with a total of more than 550 PIDs;
• You accumulate experience in the entire field of chemical technology;
• As a specialist, you ensure your knowledge and skills remain up to date by following trainings and maintaining your network;
• You make an active contribution to our improvement program KenZen for realizing a LEAN organization.
You have completed a higher professional or academic educational program in chemical technology and you have at least 5 years of relevant experience in the chemical process industry or other industry, for example at an engineering firm.
• Process technology is your passion and you like to work on challenging projects in a dynamic working environment;
• You are able to quickly make deliberate decisions;
• You like to use your knowledge and experience to optimize the safety, stability and cost efficiency of processes;
• You are persuasive and enjoy collaborating intensively with various disciplines;
• You are results-driven and committed and like to take the initiative.
What we offer
Teijin Aramid offers you, as Process Technologist (Chemical Engineer), a challenging position with a great deal of freedom and responsibility. We offer you the opportunity to further develop yourself within a knowledge-intensive working environment and make a certain contribution in your field. And of course, we have excellent primary and secondary terms of employment: Teijin Aramid is one of the top 25 best-paying employers in the Netherlands
Information and application
A pre-employment examination or an assessment may be part of the application procedure. Information can be obtained from Emile Bongers, recruiter, at +31 (0) 6 24556700. We would like to receive your application via the application button next to the vacancy.