At Teijin Aramid, we’re determined to make amazing possible with our technology. Thanks to the unique high-performance properties of our aramid materials, a wide range of different products can be made stronger, lighter, and more durable. In this way, we’re making a difference to people’s lives and the environment around us. With our expected annual growth rate we are determined to meet market demand any place, any time.
To make these ambitious plans possible, our Engineering Department in Delfzijl (NL) is looking for an experienced:
Lead Engineer Mechanical Engineering
As Lead Engineer, you give advice about possible improvements to installations. You draft project plans, using the investment criteria. You know how to manage various stakeholders and to lead the process to its proper conclusion. This position is at the intersection of lead engineering and project leadership. The project teams which you lead consist of users, specialists and engineers from various technical disciplines (WTB and E/I). Project implementation is led by a construction coordinator but you monitor the project and take proactive measures when the work deviates from the project plan. You report on the progress and implementation of your projects and the stated targets. The position is fulfilled in a daytime shift and you report to the Engineering team leader.
The following tasks are also part of this function:
• Conceive and have various technical solutions worked out. Examples are pumps, compressors, pipeline work, static equipment and rotating;
• Prepare tender requests in collaboration with the Purchasing Department, and assess bids;
• Ensure the proper choice of materials and equipment used;
• Review the engineering packages;
• Draft regulations and instructions for operations and maintenance;
• Make proposals regarding the reserve components to be acquired;
• Supervise and ensure the implementation of and compliance with the laws and regulations applicable to the project.
• You have completed a higher professional educational program in the field of mechanical engineering, have reasonable knowledge in the area of E/I and considerable experience with process installations;
• You possess the following competences, among others: analytical, creative, persuasive, results-driven, persistent and flexible;
• You have good proficiency in Dutch and English, both orally and in writing;
• You live in the vicinity of Delfzijl (NL) or are prepared to settle there.
What we offer
In addition to a challenging and inspiring international work environment, Teijin Aramid is one of the top 25% best-paying employers in the Netherlands and offers a very attractive employment package. In order to get the best out of yourself as an employee, we believe it is important that you can continue to develop yourself. That is why we offer you various trainings and educational programs through our own Teijin Aramid Academy.
Information and application
A pre-employment examination or an assessment may be part of the application procedure. Information can be obtained from Emile Bongers, recruiter, at +31 (0) 6 24556700. We would like to receive your application via the application button next to the vacancy.