Technora filament yarn can be supplied in yarn counts from 220dtex to 2500dtex in its natural golden color and also in dope-dyed black. Special pre-activated types have also been developed to enable our customers to find optimum solutions for rubber reinforcement applications.
As filament yarn, Technora has proven its superior properties in numerous applications, including ropes and cables, hoses, protective workwear, civil engineering products, sails and as rubber reinforcement.
- High tensile strength: strong, light Technora is eight times stronger than steel and three times stronger than fiberglass, polyester or nylon yarns, weight for weight
- Good fatigue resistance: Technora shows little loss of strength even during repeated abrasion, flexing and stretching
- Excellent dimensional stability: its stiff and highly oriented molecular structure leads to a high modulus of elasticity, low creep, low stress relaxation and low thermal shrinkage
- Heat resistant: with a thermal decomposition threshold of 500ºC, Technora can be used at 200ºC for long periods. At 250ºC, it maintains more than half of its room-temperature tensile strength
- Chemical resistance: highly resistant to acids, alkalis and organic solvents, Technora is not vulnerable to damage caused by steam or sea water
We provide technical support, samples, testing and evaluation services. Please contact our specialists for more information. They will be happy to help you select the Technora yarn type that precisely meets your requirements.